Anyone who knows my cooking knows that I'm all about flavour - subtlety is not my thing! This recipe is no exception. It is packed with flavour and is so satisfying BUT it is Low GI, super low calorie and easy on the budget.
Plus everyone I feed it to loves it and it's EASY to make.
Let me know what you think if you give it a go!
Serves 4 generously
6 cloves of garlic
1 tsp butter
1 tsp oil
1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets
3 cups of your favourite pumpkin, roughly chopped into 2cm cubes (I like butternut)
1.25L of liquid chicken or vegetable stock
Parsley to garnish
1 tbsp of cream (optional)
4 rashes of bacon, roughly diced (optional)
1. If using, fry up bacon and set aside.
2. In a large pot, sauté leek and garlic in some butter and oil until translucent
3. Add cauliflower, pumpkin and stock. Stock should just cover vegetables, if not, top up with necessary water (I add some powdered stock if I do this,
to maintain the flavour)
4. Boil until pumpkin and cauliflower are soft, about 15 minutes.
5. Use a stick blender or food processor to blend until very smooth.
6. Stir through the cream if using.
7. Garnish with parsley and bacon (if using) and serve.